Tuesday, April 02, 2019

So Much Water Under The Bridge!

This is an embarrassing post! I really do not know how I transitioned out of my blog visiting. I have added a few new Internet BFF's and then didn't bother to come back and read about how EVERYONE is doing. I am ashamed of myself and I apologize to all of those Besties I had set aside.

So much has changed here. My place has a name now. I always feel that property, homesteads or even a small backyard in the midst of the city needs a name. Just a quirk I have. Maybe it stems from the place my parents had at a lake in California with three other families; they called it Noisey Acres and in it's heyday, it was definitely noisey! Parties abound every weekend!. Since my dad passed almost five years ago, my sisters own half of the acres...it's not noisey anymore. Boy that took me away from home! Anyway...I have named my place "Funny Farm". It seems that there is something to chuckle about daily. Mostly the antics of the critters who live here. 

Speaking of critters. We have had lots of comings and goings with all but the dogs, cats and fowl. The horses and goats ebb and flow. My daughter has taken in so many neglected horses mostly handed to her when she goes to do her farrier work. Seems so many people here take on animals of size not realizing what kind of work needs to go into them to keep them happy and healthy. She just got done rehabbing an adorable little donkey called Rosita. We called her Eeyorita while she was here because she had this "thanks for noticing" attitude. Her feet were atrocious! Rosita went home yesterday after being here for two months. (she was not neglected by her mom, her mom got her to get her back up to health) She was walking so much better and had a slightly better outlook on life and the people around her. Still as stubborn as they come. Luckily she is smallish and not too hard to push, pull, coax into the trailer. Other horses have dropped in on their way to new homes. We still have an old lady mare and a very young one here passing through. As soon as they are rehomed, my daughter is taking a break from horses for a while. 


This was our winter. We normally get from 0 to 4 inches of snow. There was 19 inches on the Funny Farm for longer than I care to remember! My daughter's boss was kind enough to drive the six or so miles from her ranch to our farm on her tractor to dig us out. We could not leave the property for about five days, it was getting boring! 

So here we are at Spring. I have to get my camera out and start taking pictures, so my posts are not so mundane. I am back, with so much to share. I am going to do it a little bit at a time. I'm not into writing a full novel here. I will be visiting everyone a little at a time to catch up. I really have missed you all!

4 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Good to have you back, Claudia. Looking forward to more stories from the Funny Farm. Snow is a thing of winter here for us. Big dirty piles still left in the parking lots, but otherwise mostly gone now. The water still freezes in the birdbath most nights, though. It is slowly turning spring. Mud season ... got to love it ... :) Pat

LA Paylor said...

Claudia... please keep in touch... we've so much in common. I don't even have your email... LeeAnna at not afraid of color leeannaquilts at gmail dot com

Seema Singh said...

Thanks for sharing!

canon printer technical support number usa
hp printer tech support phone number
epson printer support contact number
canon customer service phone number usa
phone number for epson printer customer service
HP Printer Customer Care Phone Number

Farm Quilter said...

Well, we have a great deal in common beyond quilting!! I live on a farm in eastern Washington (when I'm home), transplant from Nevada (just over the mountains from SF), love to kayak, and I have my own horse (down to 1 now). I hope you get back to active blogging here...I'd love to see what you are creating!! My middle daughter lived in Sequim for 3 years and they never got snow while she was there. I love that area! I have a step-daughter who lives much further down the peninsula.