Monday, March 25, 2013

Finally!

I got sixty or so...(really I forgot to count them) 6-1/2" squares cut out of my white fabric today! YAY me!!!
Tomorrow morning I plan on cutting some batting to go along with those squares. And then...I move my laptop into the living room on the table next to my sewing machine, tune into Leah Day at http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/, and learn from her great methods of Free Motion Quilting.

It has been MONTHS since I was able to sit down and do any type of sewing at all. I thought I was all ready to go and then realized that I had left all my rulers behind at the other house, so went and picked those up so I could continue on my journey.

My Dad said the most wonderful thing to me today. He said after breakfast, "What are you going to do for yourself today?" NO ONE has ever asked me that. It has just made my day so, so happy! I didn't do much for myself to day. I did clean my room, which, yes, was for myself, but it was just something I couldn't put off anymore. It didn't look messy, but it took me a while to get it tidied up. I did cut my squares. Then I went and got some groceries for Dad and I, picked up some 4 X 4's, and some post hole cement, so my BIL can start building Dad's fence. It wasn't for me, but if my Dad is happy then I am happy.

I will try to remember to get pictures as I go along with my FMQ "lessons". I want to keep track of my progress, and here is the best way I know how to do that. Then when I get enough squares done I can follow along with someone's tutorials on putting quilt as you go squares together.

I'm on an adventure!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm enjoying your blog and hope you get much more time to yourself to sew soon. Now following through Bloglovin :-) Avis x