Saturday, July 11, 2015

Long Time No...Nothing...


I was looking back through what posts I started and maybe something I could finish to post and found the above title. There was literally nothing in the post. So I figured, what the heck, I'll put something.

We did finally finish the fences. At least 98% of the fences, but the 2% not finish will remain not finished, because it would involve being in the midst of 12 foot high blackberry bushes. And no...not doing that. The horses have been free to roam five acres for a while now and apparently, they love it. Cause, that's what horses do, right?

I added a new member to our family. The guy I hired to come out to dig posts holes for us, offered me his mini-horse. She has been all by herself in his backyard since his kids left for college, and they sold the regular sized horses. Since he saw we had plenty of companion animals for her to be around, well, it just seemed like the right thing to do. Of course, I could never have turned him down. Who wouldn't want a mini version of what we already had? The top wire on that fence is 47". That is just how mini "Mini" is!
She had to stay with the goats for a couple of days so I knew she'd be safe with our horses. I needn't have worried at all. She dove right into being a "big" horse as soon as I turned her loose! She's a little spit fire, that one! She came complete with attitude!

And...August 11th, we are getting one more full sized horse and two more mini's! A friend of my daughter's is moving up here with her boyfriend to our farm, and she is bringing the herd with her! She will be renting the mobile that is absolutely and completely torn apart at this moment. Of course, we started digging in when we found out that we would have a tenant, and the more we dug, the worse it got. I went today and bought three sheets of flooring plywood, because the bathroom and part of the kitchen floors were pretty much gone. I had to buy enough wood to reframe some walls. Ack! Isn't that always the way it is? Darn Murphy and his laws anyway! I have to buy a bathtub, and a water heater as well. Then we are tearing out all the old insulation and I am putting all new in. Luckily the guy half of my new tenants is in construction and I am offering them free rent to finish the place once they get up here. In the meantime, we want to get a bedroom and bathroom going for them, they can have their meals here with us until we get their house done. I don't think I have any pictures of the mobile except on my phone. Since I am not tech savvy, I will have to wait for a lesson to post those.

My sister and niece and her three young-un's are coming to visit at the end of the month. Which means I had to get myself in gear and start getting some stuff done in the house. I did make some headway putting sewing room items where they need to be. I actually saw my sewing table! It's not complete yet, but I will be back on that full force tomorrow, so I can move more items in and make room in the living room. They were going to drive up in an RV, but decided against that. I have room for them to sleep here. Most of them are under eight, you can pretty much put kids anywhere; right? My sister and niece can sleep on the sofa bed. I don't think it's too bad...I'm getting a big fat blow up mattress just in case. I can't wait for them to get here!

That's it for now. I promise to work on keeping up here. Have a wonderful whatever you are up to!

1 comment:

Linda in Calif. said...

Getting that place fenced was a BIG endeavor. So glad you have it done (98%). And YEA! that you are getting a tenant that can help with the mobile home. You know, it really is working out for you isn't it? I'm so happy for you. And what a little cutie the mini horse it. What is her name? Keep up the good work.