Monday, June 12, 2017

Spoiled Cat-ios

m


My "Kids" came to build a catio for my two spoiled boys. It's got a good start and I tell ya what...if there's a hurricane, I'm taking shelter in it, because my daughter's boyfriend built it to last, maybe even longer than my house!

Those two windows are in my bedroom. In the last picture, the other window closest to the corner is my bedroom as well. the catio is 8' x 8'. There will be shelves and a cat friendly garden in there. I may even put their cat tree in, or another one more closely related to outdoor trees, so they can practice being cats. There will be a wood floor in it for ease of cleaning, and the piece de resistance: I was given a...ahem...cat house...with a heated floor! I think I will paint the little house the same color as mine and then do all the wood frames white, so it kind of blends in with my house.

Next week I will be having my "grandson" (daughter's boyfriend's son) staying with me. They have business out of state and they don't want to drag him all the way out there to be bored. He's only five (wish me luck), but what could be better for a five year old than to stay at O.G.'s  (O.G. stands for Oh Granny!) farm for four glorious days of chasing dogs and goats and snuggling up at night with O.G. watching kid movies? I'll be the one snoring! I have figured out a few points of entertainment for him, he is an extremely lively five year old. Or should I say he's a typical five year old?

Sewing has happened!
but not much. This is May's block for the Sun, Sand and Sea BOM. I have June's block to prepare and put together. I'm hoping I will be able to get to that before the boy comes, I know I won't be getting much sewing done while he's here!

I did get two boot blocks finished for April's color of the month for the RSC 2017. That month was multicolored fabrics. I had started doing so many blocks for that challenge and I will get caught up, cuz, well, scraps!

My other daughter has been helping me organize the sewing room and that has helped tremendously. I can actually see the surface of my cutting table! It's a miracle I tell ya! I was able to find things! It's amazing. And then in another month or so, I will be moving all this furniture into the front room, removing the carpeting and replacing it with wood. I am also taking out the spiral staircase and replacing it with a normal staircase, and moving all my sewing, crafty, weaving stuff to my loft where there is a ton of natural light. When all that is done, the front room furniture gets moved, rug comes up, etc., etc. Then I do the same with my bedroom. I also want to put tile down in the bathroom. There are those 12" squares in the bathroom now and any water that gets on them soaks underneath and has started curling up the edges.

So that's it in a nutshell for now. When I start all the other projects, I will post pictures. This summer will be fun! What are you all up to this summer?

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Lucky Kitties

Barbara said...

Well, I don't know why I haven't looked for your blog before, but I did this morning. The catio is looking good!

Linda in Calif. said...

How's it been with that little fire cracker of a boy around? Don't you just love him? Even if he drives you nuts? LOL How's the catio coming or is it done? We need another post with pictures. Great looking block for your sand and sea BOM. Share more when you have time.