Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good-Bye, Uncle Cliff

Today one of my sisters and I, and some other parts of our family traveled to Carmichael, CA to attend a memorial for my uncle. My favorite uncle. He was my mom's only brother. What a man he was.
It was good to see my cousins, who my uncle and aunt adopted when they were newborns. Four of them. They adored their daddy. He was a great dad, still is, because he lives on in his sons and daughters and in his grandchildren, who he cherished.
Now he's there with my mom, their youngest sister, my grandma and grandpa. They are having a family reunion, just as we had one down here. I'll miss him, but he is getting to see the family gone before him and that...is a happy thing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your uncle.

Debbie said...

Aww Claudia, I'm so sorry hon. Not good news. I hope you are doing okay. ((Hugs))

Lisa said...

So sorry for your pain in missing your favorite uncle. But knowing he is with family having that "big" family reunion is awesome.

Mary Ellen said...

What a sweet way to look at it, that he is with family gone before him. My sympathies to you and your family.

And thanks for the sweet comment. I feel the exact same way!

Laura Marchant said...

I am so sorry but I love your outlook on it. I believe my nanny and grandad are dancing up in heaven together having a grand old time.