Monday, April 06, 2009

Just a quick note...

...Cause right now I am not feeling much about this....

I got a call from the docs office last week to come back in for another look see after squishing the girls again. It turns out they just needed to squish one, and look at it really close, like magnified like.
So I had my appointment today, and it was really uncomfortable this time, cause they really needed to compress it. Poor girl!
They found some calcification that they don't like. Just great! I have to wait til Wednesday to make an appointment at the Kaiser in San Francisco to do a biopsy. I'm not freaking. My sister had to do this a while back and everything was okay. I had some calcification a couple of years ago, although not checked out this closely.
Say prayers please though, ya never know...
The one thing I really noticed different today is that everyone worked in teams. Last time I only had to deal with one person at a time. This time, they had two people doing the magnification X-rays, and then the doctor AND her assistant talked to me about the next step. What's up with that? Oh yeah... the doctor freaked me out. I was expecting something, I mean this is the second time I have been there. We all sat down in her office, she took a breath and then looked at me in this kind of pitying way. In my head, I was all like, okay, there is something to check out, why are you looking at me like you have to tell me I have six months to live? Geez, I understand this is really serious, but I am not going to start freaking out until they say, "You have breast cancer". Until then, I don't have it.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree. Why get all worked up over nothing. I appreciate their concern, and you NEED to have everything checked out. But I really feel everything will be fine and you will just have to stay on top of things. Tell the ole girl I am proud of her for withstanding the squish!!! It is a job well done!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I mean this sincerely and don't feel at all weird saying it....I am totally keeping your boobs in my prayers!

Hallie :)

Unknown said...

positive positive thoughts your way for clean tatas.

Mary Ellen said...

You have a great attitude and could teach them a thing or two.

Sending positive energy and prayers your way.

Niki said...

Oh Claudia, so hard not to totally stress out. Praying all will go well,
Hugs
Niki

Debbie said...

Now it's Wednesday, so I have missed your stressing period and for that I am sorry. You know they have to be extra careful these days and go the extra mile, just to show you NOTHING is wrong. Please keep us posted, hon, and I'm with Hallie. Keeping your boob in my prayers too!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I went through this a few years ago... I can imagine what your feeling.

I'll send lots of postiive thoughts your way that its just a calcificaiton.