Wednesday, December 17, 2008

OMG! Brrrrr.......

I tried to find an award to give all of y'all who live in the snow, snowlike and downright freezing areas of the world.
I failed to figure that out. (Brain freeze)
I.AM.IN.AWE.OF.YOU.ALL.
It is only 40 degrees here. There was frozen stuff on my windsheild at 5:30 this morning when I went to take MD to her job. I had no business out there at that time, but there I was, trying to remember all I have learned about taking that crap off the windsheild...OH YEA! plastic credit card type thingy. Scrape, scrape, scrape...four frozen fingers and one frozen thumb later, I can kind of see through the windsheild. I turned on the defroster, which only works on July 16th, when the temperature is about 75 degrees out. Turned on the heater too. It warmed the truck up real nice. To about 35 degrees. (Yes, you read that right, it went backwards)
I am now sitting in my frontroom with my sweatshirt and jacket on, and mittens. I can see my breath. My furnace has decided to NOT work, I am out of firewood and my little space heater only works in a tiny space.
I live in California people! Granted I am not in the part of California that is 75 - 80 degrees year round (cause that is like a myth!), but our temps are usually low 50's at the worst. I am not prepared for these temperatures. I can't deal with this!
N E WAY...I just want to say, you all are awesome. Think warm thoughts for me today. I am going to try to fix my furnace, so that when I get my heating bill my tears over the cost won't freeze!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ah, you can give us a big


SUCKS TO ME YOU

award, cause it does, suck, but, we stay...why is that? I really don't know. Ask me if I will be staying after we come home from our Florida trip at Christmas.

Niki said...

Claudia, my gosh, that isn't even cool, come on up to Canada ;)

And no I don't give organizing classes, but I can't handle the stress of not being organized, it just about does me in if I'm not organized.
Blessings,
Niki

Debbie said...

Aw crap! I hope by now you have heat, girl! Geez...

I hate, really hate cold weather and I didn't think it ever got that cold out there. We have our share here. I'm going out and try to send a warm breeze westward!!

Hugs!

stitcherw said...

Hopefully your furnace is back to working again, or your temps have decided to jump back up. While our temps may be colder, when you have a big drop like you did and you aren't used to the colder temps it is really hard. Hope your doing something fun this weekend to make up for freezing the other day.
Sue

Mary Ellen said...

I hope you post soon - I'm worried that you froze!

If it makes you feel any better (which it may not) it was 5 below zero last night here in Maine, and we're in the midst of a giant snowstorm expected to dump 10-20 inches of snow on us!

Stay warm!