Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm grateful for all I have to do

I wrote a bitchy post about having to help my two younger offspring get to work, but I deleted it. One has a truck, but I won't let her drive it, because it's not fully registered and it needs insurance. The other lost her license for failing to report an accident to DMV. That, and she doesn't have a car. They take the buses when they can. The buses leave something to be desired, but they don't cater directly to us and what we get is what we get.
I get up at 4:30-5 o'clock every morning of the week. My two days off? I have to get YD to the bus stop at 5:30 to catch the bus to her job. When I am working she rides down with me. MD needs to either get to the bus stop at 6:30AM or be picked up at work at 9PM depending on her schedule.
I was going to bitch about it because I commute for 3 people, 7 days a week.
My last sentence on that post was...Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that my daughters have jobs when there are families with no income. That stopped me in my tracks. What the hell do I have to bitch about at all???
We have a roof over our heads.
We have food on our table.
We have each other.
We have our health.
We are all working!
So...I am grateful that I have to commute for three people. I am grateful that my children are able to work and do work. I am grateful for ALL that I have. That includes all of you reading this, because if I wasn't writing that last post to complain to you, I would not have realized all that I have to be grateful for.

And to lighten up the mood even more...I give you Ziggy (next to Dante who makes THE Zigster look even smaller).

9 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

We all have so much to be grateful for, even when things are hard. Thanks for the reminder. And that pup is absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

omgoodness....Ziggy is too cute!


on the WW thing, you can do it, if you stick to the program you will lose the weight. It is one of the BEST things I have EVER done for MYSELF!

I will be your cheerleader!

Lisa said...

Yes, much to be thankful for. I had a couple bad months with son and dil, upset me to no end. Cried and cried. All worked out, I am very thankful, but so sad to think how selfish the world really is. Now that things are pretty much back to "new normal" I am very thankful to have my family back. Life is too short for people to stay mad at each other. Some of the worst times of my life, can't stand for my family to be angry and disconnected. Hope you have a Merry Christmas, and yes, thankful that jobs are there, food on the table, and roofs overhead! Much to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your girls Claudia!!!

Thank you for sharing your perspective change. I love those moments when it all comes back to what matters... especially when it comes on its own. Life can get pretty sucky but having the right attitude always helps! Of course, you know that I know that there are those times when you just need to VENT and have someone tell you they know what you mean and not have to worry about it.

Much love to you this Christmas!

Debbie said...

I'm finding it's all about attitude and you just posted it. I can't agree with you more. I am thankful every day for the job,roof,the fact my fingers and toes work and David is healthy!

Merry Christmas my sweet friend and I hope you and your youngins have a wonderful holiday! ((HUGS))

Mary Ellen said...

Claudia - Thanks for the sweet comment over at my blog. I have an amazing amount of respect for birth moms, especially those who leave the door to contact open. What a magnificent gift you gave. I'm sure I will have questions that you are in a unique position to help me answer. I appreciate your support more than I can say.

Dani - tkdchick said...

LOL what a contrast in sizes! The dogs are adorable!

stitcherw said...

Yup, sometimes it is easy to focus on one thing and not look at the big picture. There are so many things we have to be thankful for. Glad that you're all doing well, and hopefully your furnace is working fine as it was giving you trouble in the last post. Zigs is adorable, and looks soooo tiny next to Dante, what a fun pair. Have a wonderful and safe New Years.
Sue

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

The worms eventually bugged you? HEE HEE HEE HEE!!

Hallie :)