Friday, September 11, 2009

R.I.P. Dante



I had to put my big guy down today. He stopped eating on Thursday. His health had been failing. The trip to Clearlake (where he came from)for the weekend was hard on him. But he did go in his water, not swimming though, he just stood there. That is when I knew that life was just not good anymore, he didn't even get excited about the ball being thrown for him to swim after.
I am going to miss him so much. He has been my solid rock for ten years. He has kept the bad guys at bay. He has been a constant loving companion.
We buried him in the backyard, next to his kitten that died a few years ago. His passing was easy and peaceful. For that I am grateful.
There's a big gaping hole in my heart, but filled with gratitude for the Vet and the Technician who made it so easy for us to do this.

7 comments:

wendyytb said...

Sorry about the loss of your pet. We have lost several over the years and it never gets easier...ever.

I hope that you can find comfort in the memories that you have of the time you spent together.

Wendy in Ontario, Canada

stitcherw said...

On no, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to let go, even when you know it is time and what's best for them. It leaves as you say a huge hole, they are such a huge part of our lives. {{hugs}}
Sue

Evansmom said...

Sorry to hear about your pet. They are really part of the family, aren't they? Hugs.

Mary Ellen said...

Oh, Claudia. I am so, so very sorry. It's so hard, even when you know that it is the right thing to do.

Our furry family members are so precious, and they do take a piece of our hearts with them.

Hugs from me.

Unknown said...

:( I'm so sorry to hear about this...RIP Dante

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I am so sorry.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thinking about you today - hoping youre doing ok. It's never easy...

Hallie