Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Looky! Looky! -------->--------->

Another 3 pounds gone by the wayside! This has been a challenging week for me as far as getting all the food I need to eat. Simply because there were a few days that I looked at food as something I didn't want. I wanted my dog back instead.
Then there was the tempting foods. My YD bought everybody Taco Bell the day we had to put Dante to sleep, because she was getting him a bean burrito, and couldn't go to the house with Taco Bell without bringing some for her sisters. She told me she was doing that, and I guess it was a good thing at work cause Taco Bell would have made me feel real good right about then. I thought I would just stop on my way home from the vets. On my way home I decided I just wanted to be home, with my other dog.
The other two girls have since brought chips in a couple of different types and left their partially eaten bags right under my nose. Of course, I ate some, but since they weren't my bags, I only ate a few.
I also measured my hips, waist, etc. Lost two inches on my thighs, 1.5 inches on my arms, waist and hips. Nothing on the boobs. (oh well!) I embarrassed my OD by pulling my jeans off in the front room without unzipping them! According to her, I'm just weird! No, I am just proud that I could do that. Of course, I won't be showing anyone else that new trick!
So far, I haven't felt malnourished or anything. I don't have the feeling of being deprived either. I eat basically want I want, and just account for it. That's all.
I know in the future this won't be this simple, but for now I am learning what I need to have in the house, and what I don't want in the house. We are experimenting with different recipes from WeightWatchers, so that we can have some variety. It's fun most days!

8 comments:

wot said...

Congratulations! I hope you really are proud of yourself because you should be.

Evansmom said...

Good for you! Are you on Weight Watchers or just doing your own thing?

Unknown said...

congrats...keep up the good work, Taco Bell is a hard one for me to decline as well!

Mary Ellen said...

Awesome! congratulations. I'm trying to follow in your footsteps. I have a feeling my eating habits will improve when I start work next week - without all the temptations in the kitchen all day long!

Chiloe said...

Congrats on your weight loss !!! Keep the good work ;-)

Caution/Lisa said...

Well, I happen to think that's a nifty trick and there are probably lots of people out there who wouldn't mind seeing it -- for one reason or another! Congrats on the pounds gone!!! I never thought about measuring my body. That would surely be incentive :)

I am sorry, though, about the loss of your dog. That hurts :((

Laura Marchant said...

Congrats on dropping the pounds! We just started this new program too. The first week was so hard. This was week 2 adn now I think I have finally broken some bad habits and cravings. Although the weekend is here and that is always the toughest!

stitcherw said...

Congratulations, you're doing great with the weight loss. How fun with the jeans, that would be a feeling of accomplishment. So sorry though that part of it is due to lack of hunger due to losing Dante {{hugs}}
Sue