Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 26

I just happened to be looking at my side bar over there---> and noticed that I started this blog back in 2006. I had wondered sometimes just how long I had been doing this but never looked. I went so far as to scroll down to find out what day I started...July 26! That's coming up soon! YAY! me, I'll be three soon! And my, how things have changed. I was in between jobs back then. I didn't yet have the job I have now. That was to happen a little over a month later.
So much has changed. I have met new people, reconnected with some from my past, and disconnected with some. My girls have grown. They've made me mad, made me smile, but always made me love them.
There have been babies born, christened, started walking and eating big people food. My extended family has grown by two. My closest friends have become grandparents. I even became a grandma...surprising!
I got rid of an old dilapidated car and bought my little truck. I have repaired it a few times. I have owned three washing machines and two dryers, and repaired those countless times (yes, in three years!)
I have gone on long weekends to my dad's cabin, lost sleep in an uncomfortable bed and gotten a little sun burned because I forgot how long I was in the sun.
I have lost a few pounds, but always gained them back and they brought some friends when they returned. My hair has grown long and turned gray.
I've gone kayaking, but not as much as I would have liked. And I vow to go more...as soon as the racks get on my truck.
I have connected with a world outside my own. I have made friends here in the blogosphere. I have learned so much from the people who care to share their lives with me in these posts. My heart has been broken for others' losses and I have also rejoiced in their happiness. I have seen many places that otherwise I would not have seen. I have learned to share in a different sort of way. I have sent out prayers for hope and strength and healing, I have received prayers as well.
Yep, three years. It's not long in the scheme of things, but when you look back at all that has gone by, it seems to have had a lifetime of happenings. I know there is so much more to come. I am looking to the future with hope and optimism. I want to think that everything will be alright.
So here is to the next three years and the three after that and the three after those. It's been a thrill to meet you all, and I hope we can have continued good friendships over the innernets...

5 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm glad our paths crossed - that is for certain.

I was just looking at your job title. What is it you do? Do you work with framing prints at all?

stitcherw said...

Congrats on the three year mark. It's amazing what all happens in a period of time when you look back over it. Enjoy what you have planned, like more Kayaking. It's been great getting to know you, and I hope your next three years, and the ones after them, and the ones after that are wonderful.
Sue

Evansmom said...

I enjoyed your look back. It is something we need to do more often. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Ellen said...

Happy Three! I'm so glad you started blogging, and especially glad that I found you...or you found me...whichever way it happened, I'm grateful.

C said...

I loved this summary!