Friday, October 16, 2009

Ramblin' (or you could call it Friday Fragments I guess)

I got a call at work from MD today. OD: "I'm signing up for food stamps. How much should I put down that I pay for rent?" Me: Nothing, cause that's what you pay!" OD: "I have to do something, I can't make it on $800 a month." Me: "Yeah, I know what you mean, the price of makeup and hair products has gone up. How will you ever survive?" I'm flabbergasted...she wants food stamps? I am speechless, sort of, cause I am never really speechless. I'm just saying that, because I don't want to say what's really going through my mind.

Work sucks gigantic donkey balls. The owners are changing everything. EVERYTHING! Fine, it's their store, they can do that. But they really need to communicate this with the employees. They can't just walk in and say..."We've changed that. We did that last week, why haven't you gotten it done yet?" What I say to that...in my head...Bite me. They gave a new kid a $3 an hour raise and the hours he asked for, because they moved him to receiving. The guy who was in receiving quit when he found out, because he had asked for those hours and didn't ask for a raise. They told him he couldn't just ask for specific hours. Why did the new guy get what he asked for then???

I came home to a rumor from my OD. About MD. Turns out MD was sitting here in my front room with two of her clowns from her "Parade of Clowns" watching TV. (middle of the day) Each of them was sucking on a 40 ouncer. We don't drink here. I don't care if people drink, we just don't drink here. Then MD and her (I hope not) boyfriend get up and go out to her room...her g/f was still sitting here messing with something. OD looks over and the little bitch is rolling a joint in MY FRONT ROOM! Spilled some of her precious whacky tabacky on my coffee table and floor. Then got up and left the mess and went out to MD's room. When MD came back in (sans friends), OD confronted her with the fact that we have dogs (that I LOVE) who could conceivably get the spillage and get sick. MD was "surprised" that her friend had done that. I think I am being tested. Guess who does not pass the test? Not me!!! I am pissed. I am calling the police department to find out what I can do to have her removed from my home. She has no respect for me, her sisters or the animals here. Her world is going to change. I don't think she will like it.
I didn't go to WW last Wednesday. I was exhausted when I got home from work. I just wanted to vege out. Everyday I have come home this week I am tired. It must be all the crap going on at work. (and home) I am still sticking with my WW eating guidelines. I will not take a step backwards here. I have come too far forward for that.
I love most of my customers. I tease them. The thing about most of them though, they tease back. I love that! I can dish it out and take it! They are the bright light in my life some days. I will hang on to that thought.
I need to find another job though. I see the ship I am on sinking slowly.
My dogs are the best thing I have going. I get kisses and happy jumping when I come home from work and they follow me into my room, so they can see how my day went. The only thing is that Max likes to hunt dust bunnies in the hallway at three in the morning. I'm going to have to take his hunting licence away!


Simple | Green | Frugal | Co-op
There is a great idea on the above mentioned and linked blog. She is doing a project called "The Fifty Things Project". Getting rid of stuff. Sounds do-able to me. I think I will try it on my next few weekends. Heaven knows I can use a good de-cluttering around here.

5 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough week, sounds like your kids aren't helping any.

I'm especially sorry that you didn't make it to your WW meeting. Promise me you'll go next week come hell or high water!

stitcherw said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're having to deal with all that. It had seemed like things had settled down for you. Hopefully things work out quickly, you don't need all that stress. Congrats on sticking with the WW program. Totally agree on the dogs, I love coming home to Jaz, she makes me feel that I'm the most special person in the world.
Sue

Caution/Lisa said...

You are having a tough time right now! I'm sorry and I'll be praying for wisdom and direction for you. Keep us updated. We really do care.

Debbie said...

Well this just sucks and I agree...NOT IN MY HOME!!! DAMMIT!

Stressful times out there hon. Sorry to hear this. Really. I'm proud of you for thinking of yourself and maintaining your pursuit of the weight goals. Once kids get a certain age, it's just time for us to say "my way or the highway" Hard, but....what are the alternatives?

Love you and hang tough!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I did not know you were going through all of this. You should have sent me an email so we could talk. This boat you and I are in is getting too crowded huh? I am truly sorry that MD is making those choices. I know you want so much better for her. You might just have to make rules that she can not have company over when you are not home. You are lucky the scumbags did not steal from you while you were gone....or did they???? You may not know the answer to that one for a while till you start looking for something and can't find it. If she has no more respect for your...YOUR home than that, then yes, you should evict her from the house. And that is what it will be if you go through the police. But you can also pack her stuff up yourself and put it out in the yard and tell her to go. But be sure and think hard on that before you select that choice. I am truly sorry my friend that you are going through this. But I will say one last thing. I am SO PROUD of you for sticking with your WW eating guidelines, for I know I am a stress eater! AND kick that job of yours to the curb....find one that you can be a little more respected in. But don't burn that bridge till you find the other job. =)