Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And Yet, Another Project...

Let's hope I don't get bored with this one before it's complete. My intentions are always good, I just have a short attention span I guess. The other day I was finishing up a knitting loom scarf (Another craft I have taught myself and I love it! Cheater Knitting, It's so much easier than the real thing. Please don't jump down my throat if you do the Loom Knoitting, I mean nothing mean by it)
ANYWAY...
I made a scarf and I was going to try a different yarn on the loom, but soon found out that you can't use the cotton yarn for dishcloths on the loom, because it won't stretch. I had my crochet hook there with me and the cotton yarns that I hoped to do something with someday. I put the two together and came up with these squares. They turn out so pretty and stitch up in a jiffy. So far, I have made nine of them and when I have stitched up all the balls of yarn, I will sew them all together for a cover or bedspread or something to that effect.
It's been fun doing them and I am just stitching when I sit for a moment in between house chores.
Here's a pic of what I have done so far, and a pic of what is to become...


6 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Damn, youre crafty. I just see work...

Hallie :)

stitcherw said...

Very pretty squares, they'll make a lovely throw.
Sue

Attic24 said...

They look lovely...you have to keep going cos believe me a granny blanket is a gazillion times better than a pile of granny squares!!!!

happy Hooking :o)
Lxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa said...

Pretty darn good....I am not able to tie a knot, or draw a straight line, or any of that crafty stuff. And your progress is so good on the WW. I am IMPRESSED. Good for you my friend. You need to get on facebook too and find me so we could chat once in a while!

Mrs4444 said...

Hello! I don't see your email address here and need to talk to you about something. I know you don't know me, but when you email me and I can explain, you'll understand. Will you please? Thanks.

mrs4444 a t new.rr.com

Micky said...

Love these! Thanks so much for your comment. Good to hear from you! Unfortunately my fingers hit the reject on accident. I'm still getting used to this touch screen phone. But I do still have the comment in my email. Thanks again. Its nice to know someone out there still listens.