Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Progress!

It's been a while since I took a picture of what I am working on. I have thought about it a lot, but just never grabbed the camera and took the picture. That is such an easy task too! (I love digital cameras!!!) So, this is the middle section of Earth Goddess, all it needs is the vines backstitched. Then it is on to the top section. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go up to the top or down to the lower section, but the middle was very labor intensive (as stitching goes) and the bottom is the same intensity, so I opted for the top to take a "break". It's been a fun project so far. Can't wait til it's done.
The big dog helped me out on it a lot today...NOT! He was getting off the couch and bumped my storage box of floss. Of course, as in the Laws of Murphy, it landed upside down. I had to dust it all off, (dog hairs on the floor) and re-establish where everything goes. Actually, it helped a little, cause I really needed to organize the floss in a more workable way. Thanks Big dog!
No employment yet. I actually got a case of cabin fever today. Still didn't do anything about it. Well, I did do a little something. My youngest daughter had put a huge hole in her bedroom wall that I didn't know about til after she moved out. Those big posters sure come in handy, don't they kids??? I know I would just flub up an excellent looking patch job so...ya know, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade? I am making a little shadow box type of shelves in there. I know I can do that. I went in and cut the drywall out and squared it up. (I also found out that there is not one ounce of insulation in the outside walls.) Now, I just have to get the wood to make the shelves. My oldest daughter is moving into that room, so she will be able to place her collection of small fairies on the shelves!
Well, I am in the middle of making a carrot cake.I took a little break from it, because I am grating the carrots the old fashioned way. Now I know why my grandparents never gained weight! They had to work harder than we do to get the food prepared and on the table. More later!

No comments: