Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A New Day, Hopefully A New Way

I have been thinking a lot about changing my life style. I know; that is a big order. I only have myself to worry about really. There's no husband or other type of significant other, so it should be a simple thing. My kids have their own lives, such as they are. I can't be too worried about what they are doing, cause well, they are do what they are gonna do!
N.E.WAY...
I have a few things in mind and I am going to make a list of things to change. One of which is going to be my organizational skills. (Of which I have none right now.) Can you tell by how I jump around all over the place with my blog?
First thing I want to do is simplify my living. This I am going to do by getting rid of the ton or two of crap that I have around this house that I am not using. Tonight when I come home from work I am bringing boxes home with me to start packing up stuff I do not want, use or need. I am not giving this stuff away, I am going to have Monday, Tuesday garage sales. It getting to be summer, and I think I may still get people coming by to puruse my garbage, I mean treasures. If that doesn't work, I will try Craigslist.com or eBay. Then I will give the rest away. I need to jump start a savings program for myself, so that is why I am selling as opposed to giving at first.
Then I am going to try my hand at doing some clearing of theback yard. Remember way back when the Wonder Boyfriend turned dumbshit cleared out the back yard for me...OVERGROWN again! I am just going to have to take the bull by the horns and DO IT! Then I can start a garden of veges out there. And maybe by next year I can have some sunflowers too. I had them when I first moved in this house, and I think they would look nice in my sunburst vase.
That is enough of a start. Bear with me. I want to do this, I need to do this, I have to do this. Please encourage me, give me some hints and no no's. And whoever mentioned the blog "Down To Earth" ...you are an angel. That woman is a plethora of great nformation on simplifying your life! (Wish me luck too, I'm gonna need it!)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think I've visited before, but CRS! You, me and Kim need to have a cleaning and gir-r-done party! I think it's our age. I'm at a loss of what to do with myself too. I know I need to walk, and I mean like miles. I'd feel better and shed this extra 30 lbs! I look around at the mess and then start then stop and get on computer...UGH!! Where's the motivation?

I'll be back!! Have a good Sunday :)