Saturday, April 05, 2008

Funny memories

Want to hear some funny stuff? I was trying to think of things that make me giggle and this is what I thought of...
When my ex had been in a pretty terrific accident three days after we separated, he ended up coming back to my house because his mother didn't want him in her house. (okay, well, that's not the funny) He couldn't leave the bed, his jaws were wired shut and he needed everything done for him. He would ring a bell, because he couldn't talk loud and when he needed something he would just ring the bell. (Now the girls thought that was funny, he couldn't yell at them) My oldest daughter would help me out by going in most of the time to help him. At some point during his recovery, we were all in there talking to him and my youngest was standing down by the foot of the bed. He was telling my oldest daughter how good she was doing and said, "Since you are the oldest, you are the head nurse." The youngest one was kind of shuffling her feet and making faces, he asked her what was wrong. She said, "Nothing, but since she's the oldest and she's the head nurse, does that make me the foot nurse?"

At another point and time in our lives, the girls were playing and running in and out of the house. Just typical. My middle daughter asked for something to eat, so I gave her a banana. She ate part of it and then set it down on the coffee table in the living room, and went about her playing. About five minutes later she came in the back door and asked me for something to eat. I said, "No, that banana is just sitting there waiting for you to eat it." She went in and looked at it and said, "No Mommy, it's laying down."

And on another day, the middle daughter's friend got a bike for her birthday. They were all outside taking turns riding it. Becs came in all excited and asked if she could have a bike for her birthday. I told her if she played her cards right, that just might happen. She got all teary eyed and her chin started quivering. I knelt down and said, "Honey, what's wrong?" She tells me through the tears, "I don't know how to play that game!"

I wish things were all that funny now.

2 comments:

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHA..."does that make me the foot nurse?" That's funny!

But then, RUH-ROH! "I wish things were all that funny now." I'm sensing Becs strikes again. Or is it the foot nurse. Just PLEASE tell me it ISN'T the head nurse. That would crush me. And I do want you to know that it WILL get fun and funny and all-around better again. Well, maybe not with ALL three, but I'm thinking two--definitely! It's true, no matter how unlikely it seems now. Kids turn into adults and parents turn into people and, VEE-O-LA, before ya know it, both are getting along just fine!

For you and the girls, I'm hoping for sooner rather than later :)!

((((BIG OLE HAPPY MEMORIES HUG))))

Lovin' ya...

stitcherw said...

Loved the stories. Kids can say and do the funniest things, it is amazing how their minds work. We see or hear the same thing they do, but they take it an entirely different way sometimes. Thanks for sharing and I hope you soon find other things to make you smile. I know it's rough, but hopefully eventually things will work out for you all. {{hugs}}
Sue