Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Purse

I made it! (the purse) But there's a small hitch. I didn't like the handles for it on the pattern after I had cut it out and all, so I am changing that part of it. It's gonna have to wait til next weekend, cause I need the 6 or so bucks it'll cost for the handles that I want. I was thinking it would look cute with those "bamboo" handles. This means I am going to have to tear out some of what I have already done and re-figure how to get those handles on securely. Nothing more embarrassing than walking down the street with a really cute set of handles and no purse! Ya know what I mean?
Then I started another project. I found a bag with some yarn and a mile a minute afghan pattern book in it, in my truck. You know I am always losing things, and I never know where I will find them. When I was doing my laundry this morning, I decided to clean out the truck while I was waiting for stuff to dry and there was this bag. So, I looked through the book and found one I liked and started it. I have no clue if I have enough yarn for this pattern, but I was thinking I could do all the bases of the strips and then do a second color of yarn for the outside borders of each strip. That seems to be a workable thing to do. The yarn I started with is a light beige with flecks of brown, gray and black in it, so I could go with any of those colors for the borders. Just one more thing to have to do while I am waiting for someone or something. I have lots of fidgety little things set up to do while I wait. (I'm not a still or silent waiter)
I just gave my little dog a bath. You'd think I was pulling her hair out bunch by bunch the way she carries on when I bathe her. And it's not like she doesn't like water. Whenever we go to the lake, I open the door to the truck to let them out and they (little and big dog) make a bee line for the water. Then I don't see them for hours. Usually someone had to go down and get her and make her come up to the cabin for a rest.
I worked out on my Wii for another half an hour this morning after I got back from doing my laundry. Hopefully I can make myself get up early enough in the morning to do some more damage on it before I have to get ready for work. I was thinking about my schedule and working out every day, (except one day) and the only way I can do that at a consistant time every day is to do it at night. Maybe I would sleep better too. I don't know...any suggestions?
Tomorrow is my late day at work. So I will go ahead and do the workout in the morning. That's the only thing I worry about is that I will be too tired to do any kind of excercise after work.
That's it for now. Have a wonderful.....

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Handles? You just reminded me I have my purse handle stapled on. I had forgotten. I carry a see through cosmetic bag to the JAIL and it seems to follow me other places. I just grab debit card out and run in places.

You are going in 8 different directions like me all the time! I love it, or maybe it's driving us crazy :)

Keep up the good work on the Wii!!

stitcherw said...

I like the look of bamboo handles, and I'll bet they will look good with your purse. Sorry that you'll have to take your purse apart though to be able to add them at this point. Hopefully it goes relatively easy for you. Your new knitting project sounds like fun too, it is always fun when stuff like that turns up, like an unexpected present.
Sue