Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I was going to add a nice little pic for St. Patrick's Day, but it turns out that I can't figure my way out of a wet paper bag, let alone get a picture off the internet that pertains to the "holiday".
We started off our day, by watching the history channel's History of St. Patrick. We learned a lot that we didn't know, we are always buying into the myths and legends stuff. Didn't watch the whole thing or hear all of what we did watch, because the middle daughter was rather chatty this morning, and I am not one to shut my kids up because I am glued to the TV. (My dad used to reprimand me on commercials, when the commercial was over, he would go back to what he was watching and then take up again on the next commercial I hated that!) So, my girls are allowed to babble on, while I don't watch TV until they are done. Besides they are so much more important to me!
I fell asleep on my couch last night. Until about 3 AM. I got up and went to my cold, cold bed. Then couldn't fall back to sleep until around 4:30. Then slept in til 9AM. I hate when I do that, it seems I have wasted my day.
I have gotten one of my corned beefs in the crock pot, and I need to get the other in a pot of water on the stove. We love our corned beef around here. I only cook it once a year, one: because then it is special and two: cause it is so dang cheap this time of year. I have taken to making two, because, one won't last five minutes in this house between the three of us! I will stash some, also, for sammiches tomorrow. There will also be all the trimmings. Cabbage, onions, potatoes, carrots. I'm hungry now.....
My youngest is coming up tonight for a breif visit. She is having trouble getting the insurance company and her bank to get together online to get her insurance for her trucks. She is going to give me money to put in my account and hook the insurance and bank up. It's just so much easier this way. (And I will get to see her at least once a month to collect insurance money, she is really good at keeping her bills paid.)
I hope you all have a safe and sane St. Patrick's Day. Mine will be safe, but in this house nothing is sane!

2 comments:

kim-d said...

Okay, what time will the corned beef and fixin's be done? I LOVE ME SOME BOILED DINNER! And next day sammiches? YEAH, BABY!!! Now you're talkin'!!! :) It sounds like you and the girls are gonna have a very nice St. Paddy's Day; it'll be nice for Young One to come over--and ya know what, it sounds like she's doing a pretty good job of keeping "stuff" together. I think it's extremely encouraging when they do what needs to be done to take care of business. Gotta give credit where credit is due! YAY!!! Seems maybe Mom's not such a bad egg after all, huh? :)

Well, at least have a sammich for me, okay?

(((((BIG OLE SMILING IRISH HUG)))))

LUVYAEVERSOMUCH-er!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I hate me some boiled dinner so I'll come over another night.

Thanks for saying Connor's speech is good. He'll appreciate hearing that!

He gives it on Wednesday - keep your fingers crossed!

Hallie