Sunday, February 10, 2008

And out of the blue...

I get a phone call tonight.

Me: Hello?
Her: Hello...then nothing.
Me: Hello?
Her: Hi, Mom?
Me: Yes, is this Binks?
Her: Yeah!
Me: I didn't recognize your voice.
Her: Are you going to be home tonight?
Me: Yep, all night.
Her: Okay, I'm gonna come get my mail then, bye.

My first thought? I guess I'd better go take my tranquilizer. I didn't even ask when she was coming, but oh well.

So she came and was talkative. And friendly! She was a tad tentative at first, but still talking. Not all "butt hurt" like before. We had a pretty damned good conversation. We talked about funny things that have happened around here, and funny things that have happened with her and it was nice, really nice. She stayed about 45 minutes. I showed her the back yard and her old room, and told her what I was doing with it. Then she said they had to go. She was with the girlfriend whose house she is staying at. And they had borrowed the girlfriend's mom's car. Before they left her girlfriend gave me a hug and kiss,
then...
then...
Binks came over and gave me a hug and kiss, and said, "I love you."

OMG! This has been the best day in a long time!

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! Glad things were so wonderful for you. Maybe your baby is finally figuring out that you are not EVIL.

How did you break mymusic player? It works on my end. Is your volume up? Maybe close it and reopen it?

Hallie

kim-d said...

YAY! I just knew this would happen, eventually! Sometimes, really, all you need to do is let go. So, I say, just keep on doing what you're doing. It doesn't seem as though things are going too badly for her, and I know it isn't going badly for you! It is so nice that you were able to have a good visit, and hopefully it will be the first of many more such visits. Ya know, sometimes all it takes is NOT living together. Whatever, I'm just so happy for ya!

And, too...tag, you're it!

(((Big, tag hug)))

I LUVYAEVERSOMUCH-er!!!

stitcherw said...

That is so wonderful!!!! I'm so glad for both you and her. {{hugs}}
Sue